Tuesday, November 12, 2013

FSU - Creative/Tech Course Assignment # 1 - Teacher portfolio assessment

https://sites.google.com/site/stephanieladner/


I liked this educator's portfolio primarily because of the clear design and layout, and also because I feel it expresses her teaching philosophy and teaching style in a concise manner. She punctuates her text with meaningful photos that reinforce her teaching philosophy. Her use of layout is clear and simple, therefore easy for for the reader to follow. I can grasp her ideas quickly. I also like the navigation bar set-up on the left-hand side of her page: just a click and everything one needs to understand who she is as an educator is there. Although posting a resume online is debatable (the jury is out on that one for me at this point), she didn't share any truly personal information, so that's something to think about in the future as I consider designing my portfolio and the content I will add.  This portfolio is one I have bookmarked for future reference when I start designing my own digital teaching portfolio. I would recommend this portfolio to anyone considering designing one, especially for a first-time user such as myself.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your post. I was easy to follow because of simplicity. I think she describes her teaching philosophy and teaching style well. I think this portfolio is good reference to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please link the site in your post.

    ReplyDelete